The Adult Care Center of Central Virginia is located at 621 Court Street, in historic downtown Lynchburg (inside the lower entrance on the west side of Court Street United Methodist Church – by the playground).
Hours of operation: 7:30 am -5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Our fee is $60.00/day.
• Financial assistance is available based on a sliding fee scale. In addition, Medicaid participants who meet the criteria for long-term nursing home care are eligible for a waiver for day care services.
• The VA provides financial assistance to veterans receiving services through the VAMC/Salem and who meet the criteria for adult day care services.
We are licensed by the Department of Social Services, the Veterans Administration, and the Virginia Medical Assistance Program. The Center is staffed by an Executive Director, a Business Manager/Assistant Director, a Program Manager, a Health Care Manager, and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs). The ratio of CNAs to participants is 1:6. Two of the CNAs at the Center are also med techs who assist the RN in administering medications.
All staff are certified in CPR and First Aid.
The ADULT who
• Is not capable of living independently
• Needs daytime supervision
• Needs medication supervision and assistance
• Is not safe when left home alone
• Will benefit from stimulation, structure and support
The FAMILY MEMBER who
• Needs relief from caregiving
• Wishes to delay institutional care for a loved one for as long as possible
• Needs cost effective care
• Benefits from encouragement, support and information